The Queen's Royal Lancers and Nottinghamshire Yeomanry Museum

The South Nottinghamshire Hussars

The South Nottinghamshire Hussars Yeomanry was raised as a cavalry regiment in 1794 and converted to artillery in 1922. It is now a battery of the Territorial Army, named 307 (SNH Yeomanry) Battery Royal Artillery, equipped with L118 Light Guns.

From Nottingham to war

The cap badge adopted in 1898 represents an acorn and four oak leaves, symbolising the oak forests of Nottinghamshire. Below: the regiment parading in the main square in Nottingham in 1914 before leaving for the Great War. Click to enlarge.

Knightsbridge 1942

During this operation in the Second World War the regiment was ordered to fight 'to the last round' after all supporting forces had withdrawn. The last round was fired with a Panzer IV only twenty yards in front of the last remaining gun. Click to enlarge.